Book-Giveaway thread two by Developer Nation

I would really love to get The official Go programming language book by Adam Donovan and Brian Kernighan to learn this summer

I am urgently seeking a copy of “Fundamentals of Data Engineering” by Joe Reis and Matt Housley to enhance my understanding of data systems. This book is crucial for my studies and projects.

Here is the link to the book: https://a.co/d/2LZcZDu.

Thank you for being so considerate.

Best regards,

Abhijeet T.

Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with pandas, NumPy, and Jupyter, Third Edition - HARDCOVER

Hello Vanessa,

I sincerely appreciate this opportunity to participate in the book giveaway. I am keenly interested in receiving a copy of “Learning Salesforce Development with Apex” (Hard Copy) by Paul Battisson. This book would greatly contribute to my knowledge and expertise in Salesforce development, allowing me to enhance my skills in this crucial area.

Thank you for considering my request.

Best regards,
Nivetha

1 Like

Hello everyone, I would really love to get The official Go programming language book by Adam Donovan and Brian Kernighan. Learning golang is a dream of mine.

Hi

I won a book how do I claim?

Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques to Build Intelligent Systems, Third Edition (Full Colour Print) - HARDCOVER

这是一本很实用的书籍。

I’d recommend “Deep Learning” by Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, and Aaron Courville. This book is excellent for engineers interested in AI for several reasons:

1. Comprehensive coverage: It provides a thorough introduction to deep learning, covering both the theoretical foundations and practical applications.

2. Written by experts: The authors are renowned researchers in the field, ensuring high-quality, up-to-date content.

3. Bridges theory and practice: The book balances mathematical concepts with practical implementation details, making it valuable for both understanding and applying deep learning techniques.

4. Broad scope: It covers various neural network architectures and their applications, giving readers a wide perspective on the field.

5. Accessible yet rigorous: While it doesn’t shy away from technical details, the book is written in a way that’s accessible to those with a solid mathematical and programming background.

This book can serve as both an introduction to deep learning for engineers new to AI and a reference for more experienced practitioners.

1 Like

Hey @WannaBeTechGuru please reach out to us via email - community@developernation.net and we’ll organise the rest!

We’re pleased to announce the recent winners of our book giveaways :partying_face:

@bryanwitt - Algorithmic Thinking
@Tanmay0215 - The Rust Programming Language, 2nd Edition
@WannaBeTechGuru - How Large Scale Change Really Happens by Dr. Rajiv J. Shah
@Dinesh - Atomic Habits
@ramondomiingos - book about machine learning or NLP
@SumonMSelim- "Designing Data-Intensive Applications: The Big Ideas Behind Reliable, Scalable, and Maintainable Systems

To claim your books, get in touch with us via community@developernation.net

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa , I want to read the book “Trailblazer-The Power of Business as the Greatest Platform for Change” by Marc Benioff to understand the inspiiring vision behind Salesforce. Looking forward to get it as a giveaway :slight_smile: Thank you!

I would like to get Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek.

I’d recommend “The Alignment Problem” by Brian Christian. This book offers a thoughtful exploration of the challenges in making AI systems that reliably behave in accordance with human values and intentions.

Christian examines key issues like:

• Ensuring AI systems pursue the goals we actually want, not just those we’ve imperfectly specified
  • Potential risks of highly capable AI systems optimizing for the wrong objectives
  • Efforts to make AI systems more interpretable and aligned with human ethics

The book provides an accessible overview of an important topic in AI development, blending technical insights with philosophical considerations. It’s particularly relevant as AI capabilities continue to advance rapidly.

1 Like

Congratulations to @Hemant who is this weeks book winner! Please get in touch via community@developernation.net to claim your prize.

1 Like

O’REILLY Learning Data Science: Data Wrangling, Exploration, Visualization, and Modeling with Python - HARDCOVER

Guys I tried to claim the book I won but the email community@developernation.net isn’t giving me the option to claim, but it’s just sending an auto response.

Hi Lenin, apologies I see your email now and I’ll reach out to you now!

Looking to improve your time management skills, whether in personal or professional life? Brian Tracy’s Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time is your go-to guide. Tracy, a renowned author and productivity expert, offers practical strategies to prioritize tasks, increase efficiency, and conquer procrastination. Originally featuring 21 tips, the latest edition now includes 23 actionable insights. Tracy, who has achieved numerous accomplishments from a young age, emphasizes the importance of effective time management for professioinals. He provides clear steps on how to prioritize tasks, helping professionals in these fields overcome procrastination and optimize their productivity.

“Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software” by Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides (often referred to as the “Gang of Four” or GoF book) is a seminal work in software engineering for several reasons:

1. Fundamental concepts: It introduces and catalogs 23 classic design patterns that address common problems in software design, providing a shared vocabulary for developers.

2. Reusability: The book emphasizes creating reusable object-oriented software, which is crucial for developing maintainable and scalable applications.

3. Problem-solving: It teaches developers how to think about software architecture and solve design problems efficiently.

4. Industry standard: Many of these patterns have become standard practices in software development, making the book’s knowledge essential for professional developers.

5. Language-agnostic: While the examples are in C++ and Smalltalk, the concepts apply to any object-oriented programming language.

6. Historical significance: Published in 1994, it has significantly influenced software development practices and remains relevant today.

7. Improved communication: By providing a common language for design patterns, it helps developers communicate complex design ideas more effectively.

Would you like more information on specific design patterns or how they’re applied in modern software development?